VOC’s Employment Services offer a “one-stop” approach to providing assistance to veterans of all eras and their immediate family members. The goal is stabilizing veterans by reintegrating them into meaningful, career oriented employment.
Employment support offered:
- Vocational assessments, career counseling, and resume preparation.
- Job readiness and life skills training.
- Job development and post-placement services.
- Direct access to NY State Dept. of Labor veteran reps available on-site.
- Weekly VETNET, networking group sessions exclusively for veterans.
- Wide dissemination of job opportunities to veteran program participants.
- Pre-screened, job ready applicant referrals to employers.
VOC’s Employment team provides employers with pre-screened, highly qualified veteran candidate referrals, offering:
- Traditional work ethic – honesty, loyalty, dependability, and respect for authority.
- Flexibility – and ability to adapt to multiple tasks in a diversified workforce.
- Trainability – oriented to learning highly technical skills in a short period of time.
- Ability to function as a team builder and team player.
- Results oriented and accustomed to total accountability.
- Leadership skills, experience and responsibilities.
- Eagerness to demonstrate qualifications and potential.
- Work experience and a proven track record.
- Welcoming attitude towards challenges.