Guidelines for In-Kind Donations
- Donations are accepted during our business hours: Monday - Wednesday – Friday, 10:00AM-12:00PM or by appointment. To make an appointment please call 585-295-7851. All donations should be brought to our main entrance at 447 South Ave (corner of South Ave and Comfort St). Unfortunately, at this time we do not have the ability to pick up donations.
- Our volunteer staff member will provide you with an inkind donation form to fill out. Valuation of all in-kind donations is, by law, the responsibility of the donor. VOC can only acknowledge receipt of your donations, not estimate its market value.
- For the health and safety of our staff, clients, and volunteers we do ask that items are new or gently used, and clean.
- If donation(s) contain food items, please check expiration dates
- If you wish to donate clothing, keep in mind that what need is Business Attire only, for our Quartermaster’s Club (suits, slacks, sport jackets, button down/collared shirts).
While we do not accept the following items, our partners do:
- Casual clothing can be donated to Goodwill or the Salvation Army
- Medical supplies (canes, walkers, motorized scooters or wheelchairs, hospital beds, shower chairs, etc.) can be given to Elder Source Medical Equipment Loan Closets: View their resource list for a list of agencies
- Patriot Guard Riders of Rochester accept the following items and donate back to veterans. Please visit their website to register for a pick up.
- Working flat screen televisions
- Small household/kitchen items
We do not accept the following items:
- Televisions and computer monitors with a large tube in the back.
- Exercise Equipment
- Used printers (due to the prohibitive cost of ink replacement)
- Routers, switches, cables, keyboards, or computer mice
- Used mattresses or pillows
- Used bedding of any kind
- Used undergarments or socks.
To contact one of our Development team members with questions call 585-295-7851.